Thursday, April 21, 2011

Case Study With Graditute....

Happy Thursday guys!

This week is just flying by.....I'm soooo running late on everything these days and I can't even believe this weekend is Easter already. I have nothing prepared yet...help!!! Do you all have any fun plans? We'll just stick around the house and probably throw something yummy onto the grill.

Anyway, it's time again for this weeks Case Study and this week you get to case this card of mine.....


Here is my new take on it....




I changed the image to the beautiful Flourishes Butterflies & Blossoms Set. My new colors are Kraft and Purple...I'm definitely in a *purple* mood these days :) !!! I simply added the PTI Linen Ribbon, the Button, Silver Pearls and the Karen Foster Scrapper's Floss and I was done. Hope you like this version too? I had a little stampin' accident..yikes..as soon as I stamped the sentiment, the clear block fell out of my hand and straight on the corner and left a little ink spot...hate when that happens!!! Unfortunately I didn't have enough  time to redo my card...so I covered it up with my watermark..just in case you wondered why I added it in that funky spot...LOL.

Now it's time to check out the fabbo Case Study team for all their ideas ~ Iwona, Amy, Andrea, Cristina, Jean, Julie, LenetMelyssa, Sue and Teneale.

Thank you for swinging by today. If I haven't stopped by your blog to check out your cards from last weeks Case Study, please forgive me...I'm running a bit behind, but I'll definitely will be stopping by to see your ideas!!! See you again tomorrow with a new card idea tomorrow...until then! Hugs ~S~

17 comments:

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Such an amazing choice of colours, and how masterfully coloured flowers! A classic Silke-style stunner (yet again!)

Marisa said...

Love your watermark "cover up" - will have to remember that one ;) Gorgeous case of your card! Love how you went square on the case and the flowers are fabulous.

Marja's Stamp Addiction said...

Silke what a beautiful Flourishes. Your cards are wonderfull. I love them both, buth specially the colour of your second card.
Have a nice day.
Gr. Marja

Corine van der Zee said...

Both very beautiful!!! Love the hummingbird ( correct me if i'm wrong!) and the second card is so gorgeous, love the purple!

Gr. Corine

Julie said...

Just gorgeous Silke, love these colors!

Peggysuez said...

Beautiful! Love how you popped up the flowers!

Dawn Easton said...

Silke, this is beautiful! Love those flowers cut and popped! Fantastic!

Heather Jensen said...

Beautiful, Silke! I love this set and you did a fab job coloring it. I hate when I do that too. You covered it very well with your watermark. :)
Hugs~

*Vicki* said...

Two stunning creation Silke!! I really love your colors and ribbons!! :)

Sara I. said...

Each one is stunning! Love the gingham ribbon and fabulous silver pearls in the first one and how you popped the flowers on the second card - you never cease to amaze me!

Diane Jaquay said...

I really love the layout of these cards, Silke! Gorgeous work, and I hope to find the time to play along this week :)

Denise Marzec said...

Stunning work as always, girlie. I love the dimension on the flowers!! :)

Have a VERY happy Easter! Luckily, I don't have to do any cooking....I just get to go and do the eating, lol!

Mrs Ham said...

Just stunning Silke.

Sara Mac said...

Beautiful card Silke! Those purple flowers look so gorgeous. I missed out on playing along with the last case study. Hopefully I can join you this week:) Happy Easter!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

So pretty Silke! Love all the layers and beautifully colored flowers!

Anonymous said...

I look at a lot of sites Silke, and see a lot of cards, but I like yours the best! You out shine everyone. Your use of white is incredible. What a wonderful gift of texture and color the Lord has given you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the inspiration. I always try to make my cards look as good as yours!
Sincerely,
Candy Gardner

Sue Kohler said...

Oh my, what a brilliant colour combo, perfectly coloured too!! Love your clever cover up, will keep that in mind for my next 'oops'!!