Thursday, July 4, 2013

CASE STUDY #148 I LOVE BUTTERFLIES.....

Happy 4th of July to my American friends!

Hope you'll get to celebrate with friends and family!?! For us, we'll just hang out at home...we are still recuperating from our vacation :) !!!

Today, I'm back with a CASE STUDY card....I apologize for the blurry photo..not sure if it's my camera, the crappy rainy weather we had with poor lighting, or maybe it's all the shiny bling?!?



Anyway, we have a new July Muse.....please help us welcome Jocelyn Olson!

Here is Jocelyn's  first inspiration photo....


I decided to pull out the PTI Butterfly Dreams along with the PTI Turning a New Leaf Set. The leaf image was stamped first and then I inked up the three different sized butterflies, plus stamped the sentiment in the left corner.  Next I colored the inside of the butterflies with these Copic Markers ~ R14, R17, Y15, Y17, B000 and B00. I also cut the second White CS just a bit smaller and added a scalloped punched out Kraft CS on the left hand side. At last I added all the Silver Pearls (found some more at Archiver's) to the center of the butterflies....voila!!!

Please don't forget to stop by the CASE STUDY BLOG to enter your cards!!! Here is the entire team with more inspiring samples....      

                                                        Joycelyn Olson July Muse





                                                      Tracey McNeely – July Guest Designer

Have a fun day!!! I will be back tomorrow with the Flourishes July Pre-Release Challenge...hope you will come and join in the fun?!?!

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Perfectly lovely summer card Silke! Love your sweet butterflies!!

Tasnim said...

Beautiful card! Great choices of color, and I love how the butterflies really pop!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card Silke, your butterflies with the silver pearls are fabulous!

Marisa said...

Fabulous CASE, Silke!! I love butterflies too :)

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous!!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Silke! Lovin' the butterflies fluttering around! Happy 4th!

Rosy Newlun said...

I'm in love with your case study of butterflies, Silke :) Love the bling you used and the simple but careful layout!

Niki Estes said...

Silke, this is the perfect CAS card! I love all the white space and the great design!