Thursday, September 19, 2013

CS158 HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU...

Happy Thursday!

I'm back with my card and a matching envelope for this weeks CASE STUDY.......and the Curtain Call Sunflower Surprise Challenge.....





Today we have another beautiful inspiring card from our September Muse Kathy Racoosin......


I really liked the shape of Kathy's card and the big bloom on the side! I have so many awesome Spellbinder Dies....unfortunately I don't use them as often as I should.....so, I rolled with the *shape and flower* theme for my card as well.

My card base was created with the Spellbinder Labels Eight Die. The big bloom is from the Flourishes SUNFLOWER Set. The birthday sentiment is from another Flourishes Set called SENTIMENTAL FAVORITES. The background was embossed with a Woodgrain Embossing Folder I've bought at Hobby Lobby. Next I added the Ribbon, Button, Kraft Twine and some Silver Pearls.

My envelope was created with the Kreate-a-lope® 2A Standard Size template using some matching old retired SU Design Paper. I simply inked another smaller image from the same Flourishes Set on the envelope and added a smaller Label Eight Die...voila!

If you missed my previous gift envelope I have crafted with a longer Kreate-a-lope® template then simply click HERE.

As always, please don't forget to check out the CASE STUDY BLOG and the creations from the rest of the team.....

Have a wonderful day! I'll be back tomorrow when we wrap up our additional ideas from the FLOURISHES SEPTEMBER RELEASE!!!

                                                     Hugs, ~Silke~

FLOURISHES SUPPLIES:


10 comments:

Sara Mac said...

Love everything about this Silke! Your sunflower just pops off the page.

Mrs. GraceWorks said...

Silke, this is SO pretty! Every detail is just perfectly placed. I like the embossing and the shape and the gorgeous sunflower and birthday greeting. LOVELY!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so pretty, I love it.

Lisa said...

I probably sound like a broken record, but it's TRUE!! Silke I LOVE this, so darn pretty!!!

Patti Rogers said...

Thanks for sharing. You do beautiful work.

Marisa said...

Gorgeous sunflower, Silke! Love the woodgrain behind it. You can enter it into the current Curtain Call Sunflower Surprise challenge!

Kim S said...

I love this conversion to a rustic, fall-themed card! All those beautiful golds and neutrals and then one bright ladybug - perfect!

Stacey Schafer said...

So beautiful, Silke! That gorgeously colored sunflower is a perfect image for our Curtain Call challenge! Thanks so much for playing along!

scrappingnana said...

This is gorgeous. Love the sunflower and the background. My Spellbinders Label 8 doesn't look like that one. Is it a different kind? Thanks for a reply.
JoAnn

Tracey McNeely said...

Silke what a gorgeous sunflower and the woodgrain embossing is lovely. Thank you so much for joining us at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.