Wednesday, December 26, 2007

My Mom's Birthday Card



I hope everybody had a wonderful Holiday???

Even though I was not to much in a christmas spirit - we had a nice relaxing, laid back christmas....

Today I was already running around taking my oldest daughter to her doctor appointment....shopping etc.

This afternoon I enjoyed making my mother's birthday card.....January is my busiest birthday month - my DH, my mom, my little sis and an aunt!!!

I have been playing with my chipboards as you can tell by my other cards I have made.

This time I tried the Glitter version....I love it!!! First I inked the chipboard with "Blue Bayou"
then I used the 2-way Glue Pen and right away sprinkled it with my blue Martha Stewart Glitter.

The Chipboards are actually from "Basic Grey" and they are the "Mini Mono's". I have used some of my SU Letters already on my Scrapbooking......so I had to opt for different ones!!!
These are a little bigger so they are great for longer cards!!! The ones from SU are a bit smaller....and are great for regular size cards.... - just in case you wanted to know - he,he, he!!!

I have used a "Long Note" (Groovy Guava), Ruby Red CS and the new DSP "Ginger Blossom"
I layered them and distressed the edges. Plus I pierced the top and bottom row right above the Cardstock......the I added the glittered Chipboards and voila there is my card!!!

2 comments:

Julie_3 said...

Silke, I am sure your mom will love this card. It's very pretty.

Anonymous said...

amazing card !!!!love the chipborad letters.
tfs,

INSPIRED BY CHALLENGE - #IB285 RAINBOW POPS

Hello and happy Thursday! I'm stopping by with a new Inspired By card.... This weeks #IB285 inspiration photo and sketch are so fun......