Friday, February 8, 2008

Love You Defined




Happy TGIF!!!

This is my card for todays Limited Supply Challenge #154 making "Non Traditional Valentine" cards.

Wow - this challenge did not allow flowers, hearts, any red colors including pink....tough!!!

So I had to think ..... sticking to "plain" was the answer.

Well - here we go. The base is River Rock. I added Blue Bayou, Really Rust and Watercolor CS.

The "love" sentiment is from the "Jumbo Outline
Alphabet". I stamped it on with Black Stazon and blended in with Blue Bayou. Then I layered the image on the Really Rust and started piercing it.

On the Blue Bayou CS I used the new "Dotted Lines" Jumbo Wheel and matched it with the same color ink.

I also stamped the "you" sentiment from the "Define Your Life" Set in River Rock Ink right below the "love" image and finished the card off with Copper Brads.......TFL!!!

4 comments:

Amber said...

I really like this card. It's simple, and it's a great, more masculine design for a valentine. The brads add nice detail. Great job!

Anonymous said...

Silke, another awesome card!

SueB said...

Love this LOVE card! I wouldn't have thought of this color combo, but I'm gonna have to order some of this River Rock!
later, alligator!
- SueB of sueblondin.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

YOu know this is the best card yet for this challenge! I was completely stumped on this one, and I love what you did!

INSPIRED BY CHALLENGE - #IB285 RAINBOW POPS

Hello and happy Thursday! I'm stopping by with a new Inspired By card.... This weeks #IB285 inspiration photo and sketch are so fun......