Saturday, May 24, 2008

WSC49 Fresh Cuts








Wahoo - I finally made a card for Beate's WSC #49. I think I've made three attempts before I was not interrupted....

It was my girls last day of school yesterday and we had the house full of Sarah's friends and ....it was very busy around here!!! Not to mention the noise.....I can't believe it's *Summer Break* - can someone rescue me - PLLLEEEAAASSSEEE????

Anyhow - here is my card. I enjoyed this Sketch very much and I think I'll have to use it soon again!!!
I have used my favorite color combo again....- Real Red, Basic Black and Whisper White.

The card measures 5 1/2" x 5 1/2". I have started out with Real Red as my base and layered it with Whisper White. Then I have cut a panel of Real Red and Basic Black and adhered it to the upper part of the card. I have also added the Real Red 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon from SU.

The main image was cut with the a circle Nestie then layered onto Real Red and a large scalloped circle Nestie - I have raised the circles each with Stampin Dimensionals. Then I have stamped the sentiment in Real Red. To finish the card off I have added three medium Silver Brads from Making Memories.

Enjoy your weekend and check out the card below this post - I have made another *Fresh Cuts* idea!!! ~TFL~

10 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Your cards just pop of the screen ... fabulous!

~amy~ said...

Love what you've done with the Fresh Cuts...spectacular!

Marisa said...

Lovely job on the sketch. Love how you have so much white on your cards - I love to do that too.

As for kids being out of school...I'll be joining you in about 30 days with the same rescue request - LOL!! :)

Donelda said...

Wow, what a beautiful card. I love your color choices, it is what keeps bringing me back to your fabulous blog!!

Summer break?? Where exactly are you?????

Jackie Pedro said...

I love how you punched out just a portion of the stamp. Beautiful!

I think many of us are going to need to be rescued in the next few weeks with school letting out!! Good luck!! LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card! I love this new set and the way you used it.

We have two more weeks before summer break here. The following two weeks will be tough until the kids are used to being around each other 24-7. But just think....you can sleep in every morning.

Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs and smiles

Nancy Riley said...

Another beauty, Silke! You know, I just noticed something about your amazing stamping style ... you use ALOT of Whisper White, and you use it so very very well! I love how your cards are so well balanced without the need of filling up the white space! You're amazing!

Giovana said...

Pretty pretty card Silke!!!
Summer break, yesss!!!!!
I homeschool Rebecca and I know what you mean about noise and crazyness, I have that all day!!!

Enjoy your weekend, I am already thinking what to do to her busy busy, LOL

God bless
Giovana

Antje said...

Love your color combo - very nice card!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Gorgeous card Silke!! I love what you did with the sketch!!

INSPIRED BY CHALLENGE - #IB285 RAINBOW POPS

Hello and happy Thursday! I'm stopping by with a new Inspired By card.... This weeks #IB285 inspiration photo and sketch are so fun......