Tuesday, June 3, 2008

CC169 Thank You



The colors for today's Color Combo are Blue Bayou,
Soft Sky and Real Red. It's definitely a combo I would not choose everyday - kinda tough!!!

I grabbed my Catalog for some inspiration and came across the *Block Party* Set on Page 13. I really liked how SU has made the bag look with this Set.
I think I'll have to remember this Set for the next birthday party - I could make some great treat bags with it!!!

For this card I have started out with Blue Bayou as my base. Then I have layered the Whisper White CS on top and a strip of Soft Sky across.

Next I have used the Stamp Set and stamped it first with Soft Sky and then with Real Red Ink. I have trimmed the Real Red sections to fit on top of the Soft Sky print and adhered them.

Then I have cut a scalloped long rectangle Nestie and adhered the image. I have raised the image with Stampin Dimensionals. Before adding it to the card I have tied a DS Blue Bayou Ribbon in the center of the card and finished it off with some Styled Silver Brads.

Have a great day and ~TFL~!!!

8 comments:

Jessie/knightrone said...

Awesome card girl!! Love the brads!!

Vanessa said...

I love this stamp set and I love your blog! Thanks for the great inspiration!

Anonymous said...

You made the colors look great together! Another wonderful card.
Hugs and smiles

Bonnie said...

This is great Silke! Sometimes these colour challenges can be just that - a challenge- you rose again to the occasion!! LOL!

Denise Marzec said...

I love that silver hardware with these colors. Awesome job, girlie!!

Anonymous said...

Classy and simple . . . totally your wonderful, artistic style. I can't wait to try this color challenge.

Julia Aston said...

You made this difficult color combo beautiful! Love your design and the silver brads - just lovely Silke!

Lisa H. said...

super cute. I love how you used the silver HPH pieces. this looks fantastic!

INSPIRED BY CHALLENGE - #IB285 RAINBOW POPS

Hello and happy Thursday! I'm stopping by with a new Inspired By card.... This weeks #IB285 inspiration photo and sketch are so fun......