Saturday, August 16, 2008

IC141 Serene Spring and OCC Challenge Card

Happy Saturday everyone!!!

Hope you are enjoying your weekend so far and have time to stamp???

Our little *Luke* is getting us up very early these days and since I was up I thought I'd play along with the IC141 - Athleta Swimwear!!! Gorgeous samples and I have chosen this beauty. The *Melon* color totally reminded me of the new gorgeous *Urban Garden* DP from SU......!!!

I have added the DP on the bottom of the card and added some 5/8" White Ribbon on the edge. Next I was dyeing the white flower with the matching color *Baja Breeze*. I have used the Heating Tool to fasten the process....once it was dry I have added a smaller white flower and added the Halfback Pearl to it.

At last I have inked the sentiment from the *Serene Spring* Set in *Baja Breeze* as well and pierced right below it.

Hope you like it??? Maybe you get inspired and play along???



Here is a card I have made for today's OCC Sketch Challenge.

I also combined this card with the MTV06 Challenge from Verse Visual.
Charmaine is asking us to make a *Black and White* card with a *Splash*!!!

My *Splash* color is *Tangerine Tango* - my favorite out of the new In Color!!!

I have used the *Stitched* BG Stamp for the center and the sentiment is from the new *Heard from the Heart*.

The Black Satin Ribbon is from Michales, the flowers are from Walmart!!!

BTW - if you have not checked out my card below...you must hear the great news!!!

My friend Jessica Knutsen is starting a new Stamp Company - WAAHHOOO - she is so talented and I hope you will find the time to swing by her blog to check out her gorgeous designed Set's!!!

Be kind to her and let her know if you like the Set's!!!

Have a great weekend!!! ~TFL~

17 comments:

~amy~ said...

Gorgeous cards Silke!!! The Urban Garden DP is simply spectacular!! I also LOVE your *Tango Splash*!! Have a super weekend!

Denise said...

Two more beautiful cards!! You never cease to amaze me Silke!

Jackie Pedro said...

These cards are just gorgeous, Silke! I LOVE the Baja Breeze and white on the first card!! It is so fresh!

The second card is beautiful! I am slowly falling in love with Tangerine Tango!!

Anonymous said...

I love both cards, but the top card is phenomenally gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Both are beautiful, thanks for playing with us OCC girls, what fun.

Amy Sheffer said...

You're amazing, girl!! These are both completely gorgeous! Thanks for playing in the OCC challenge.

Denise Marzec said...

Ooooooh, I saw the Tangerine card in the SCS gallery, but I missed the Baja Breeze card...FAB, FAB, FABO!!!!!

Nancy Riley said...

Silke, these cards are beauties ... as always! Great job!

Lisa Kind said...

I saw the blue card on SCS and it's gorgeous. The other card is also absolutely gorgeous! I haven't used Tango yet...I'll have to play tomorrow! TFS!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful Silke! I love the softness of the first and you make Tangerine Tango look fabulous! Love the stitched background!

There She Goes Clear Stamps said...

Those cards are absolutely gorgeous! I love the soft colors in the first one.

I hope to stamp tonight!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful layouts. Splendid flower accents. Mary

Allison said...

These are both gorgeous but the first one is breath-taking!

Phyllis Strickland said...

Fabulous, gorgeous, beautiful, fantabulous, elegant, you set the idea.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic cards! I love all your new samples!!!
Hugs and smiles

Unknown said...

Love that "kick" with the b&w!!

LOUISE said...

Lovely card Silke, the colours are great! Louise x

TIC TAC TOE CHALLENGE - #TTTC245 JUST FOR YOU

Howdy again.  I'm back with a card for the new  Tic Tac Toe Challenge ... Karren is hosting this #TTTC245 board ... I chose the bottom ...