Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Flourishes Timeless Tuesday!!!

Happy Tuesday!!!

Today the fabulous Cindy Haffner is hosting the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge!!! Of course she always makes it fun and today she is challenging us to use *Designer Paper*!!! Now, I realize that Designer Papers are about as necessary to card making as Spellbinders die cuts, but there is a lot that you can do with Designer Papers. You can stamp on them, use border punches, color them, paper piece, die cut shapes, cut out images to use as a focal point, or just to enhance the look of your card. Whichever option you choose to do, we would love to see what you create.

I love Designer Paper, but I must admit when it comes to coordinate them I usually shy away from using them....one of my card making downfalls :( - LOL!!!

Another thing I shy away from is making *masculine* cards.....I guess I'm more a girly girl card maker - LOL!!! So - for this Challenge I figured I get over it and tried to combined both *dislikes* into one card - LOL!!! Let me know what you think???

For this card I used the the masculine DP from SU - Manchester that works perfectly with the new Flourishes Set - A Man's View.

The Sketch I followed is the WSC84.

I stamped the chair image in Baja Breeze and the sentiment in Chocolate Chip. Next I distressed the edges with the PTI Vintage Cream Ink Spot.

For more masculine touches I added the Chocolate Chip Ribbon and the Copper Hardware.

Hope you'll join us this week???
Make sure to stop by and see - Betty, Cindy, Connie, Dee and Kimberly's take on the Challenge!!!

For all the details on how to play along please stop by the Flourishes Blog!!! ~TFL~

35 comments:

Ann said...

Silke, this is a fabulous masculine card! I love it!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Beautiful Silke!! Love the sketch!! Love the dp's!! Love the colors and the sentiment stamped over the image!! Fabulous!!

Stamp and Smile said...

What guy doesn't like a card with a recliner on it! Add a TV remote and beer... he's happy! LOL... anywhoo, love the DP's and how you stamped the sentiment over the image... PERFECT!! TFS.. Michelle :)

Jeanette - said...

It's a great card Silke! I love the colors, the papers and the hardware - perfect for a masculine card!

Lovely Linda said...

Silke - you are in denial girl - you do EVERYTHING so beautifully - I love this masculine card - that image is just fabulous, as is your DP....you have such an eye for detail I could not image you making any 'artistic errors' with co-ordinating DP's!! Beautiful....keep it up...you have been hiding your 'light under a bushell!!' LOL!!! God bless you!

Jean McKenzie said...

Love the card!! EVERYTHING about it! Love the way you have softly stamped the image and stamped the wording over!

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

You did a masterful job of conquering both your dislikes with this card. Love the color combo and the layout. AND, you managed to get a little ribbon in there too!

Betty Wright said...

Great colors and patterns, Silke!!! You definitely rocked the patterns and the masculine look!!! Awesome hardware detailing, too!!! Terrific manly card!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Beautiful Silke!!!!!

Unknown said...

Beautifully done, Silke! Personally, I don't think you have ANY weaknesses when it comes to designing cards!

Connie M. said...

This is just so beautiful, Silke! Love how you plaed the sentiment over the image of the chair...lovely!

Julie Koerber said...

Way to conquer your dislikes and make a fabulous card! It's just perfect Silke!

Teresa said...

wonderful masculine card. The pattern paper looks great.

Carol L said...

One of the best guy cards I've ever seen! I love the softly stamped recliner image with the sentiment stamped over it. GORGEOUS colors and dsp combination......I LOVE this one!

Alex said...

This is a GREAT guy card, what are you talking about? I love the colors, that recliner is fabulous and the dsp ROCKS!! WONDERFUL card girl!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Basement Stamper said...

Silke, you amaze me, this card is GORGEOUS!!! I love it!

ANAT S said...

SO BEAUTIFUL AND DELICATE

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is a super masculine card!! Gorgeous!! Love the image and the colors!! Beautiful work!!

Velta said...

An absolutely perfect man's card! I love the colors and the fact that you stamped the sentiment on the chair :)

LORi said...

Hey Girl....This is Fantastic!!! Absolute Perfection!!!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh WOW, Silke....that is an AWESOME guy card. Total perfection!!

Christi Flores said...

Oh WOW!!! I am SO CASEing this!! Gorgeous!!!!

Julia Aston said...

Love the blues on this pretty card Silke and what a fun stamp! I never realized you didn't use DP much!

Jami said...

Absolutely gorgeous - the row of brads along the top remind me of the furniture nails you'd see on a leather recliner - perfect!!

Ali Manning said...

Super card, Silke! I find masculine cards are so hard, you did such a fabulous job with this one. Thanks for the inspiration!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Totally fabulous!!

Anonymous said...

Silke, this is truly gorgeous girl!! Way to go with a smashing masculine card!
--Becca

Amy Johnson said...

What a fabulous father's day card! Its just so rich and regal...perfect for the king of the home. I love the colors and the sentiment stamped over the image. Just brillant.

Kimberly Crawford said...

Beautiful! Silke, this is so elegant and classy, just gorgeous!!! Can I be you?

Grace said...

Oh Silke this is a perfect masculine card! Any guy would love this! The chair looks exactly like my big leather recliner only it's brown! Love it!

Amy Sheffer said...

Fabulous!!! An absolutely perfect masculine card!

ChristineCreations said...

You do beautiful work with DSP! No Fear Girl! Love the softness of the colors and the great masculine feel!

Carolyn King said...

LOVE this--you tackled both your fears and the result is wonderful!!!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Awesome card! I love the sentiment over the image!!

Jenny Gropp said...

Wonderful card -- love the image, the paper -- love it all!

INSPIRED BY CHALLENGE - #IB285 RAINBOW POPS

Hello and happy Thursday! I'm stopping by with a new Inspired By card.... This weeks #IB285 inspiration photo and sketch are so fun......