Sunday, June 28, 2009

FS125 Grow in Grace and Banana Split Sunday!!!

Happy Sunday everyone!!!

My husband Jerry left for a few days to go on a business meeting up to Chicago.....that means I can stamp, stamp, stamp - wahooooo!!! Not that I do that already - LOL - but now I can do it without feeling guily - KWIM???

That's why I'm up late.....I saw the FS125 posted and I felt like playing!!! Congrats to Dawn L. for being our Featured Stamper this week!!! Have you seen her gallery??? Oh my - you can get lost in there......so much beautiful inspiration!!! It took me awhile to choose, but then this beauty caught my eye....and here is what I created!!!

I still had my Our Daily Bread Designs Sneak Peek Set - Grow in Grace on my table and thought it would be perfect for my floral image!!! Click here to see my other card I made with this Set!!!

Here are the changes I made - I tweaked the layout a bit, used different colors, instead of embossing I added scoring.

~SUPPLY LIST ~
Stamps: Grow in Grace (ODBD) available 01July09
Cardstock: White, Pink Pirouette (SU)
Design Paper: Old Olive Pattern Design (SU)
Ink: Memento Black, Copic Markers - RV00, G94
Accessories: Silver Pearls (Michael's), Pretty in Pink Taffeta Ribbon, Angel Wings Shimmerz
Technique: Scoring , Coloring with Copics


*****************************************

Here is another card..... today is another fun Banana Split Sunday!!! Jeanette has challenged us with this inspiration photo.

Isn't it a great photo??? It makes me want to go to the beach right now!!! If it wouldn't be sooooo darn hot I think I would - LOL!!! Hopefully we get a chance to go soon?!?

Well - since my 2RedBananas Stamps are limited....I thought I'd go a different route......summer means you have to have some ice cream - yeahhh - and I figured I'd showcase the yummy newly released June Journaling Set and I decided to use the colors from the inspiration photo!!!

I did use some Crystal Effect on the top part of the ice cream cone. I think it looks much better in person......unfortunately it is so hard to photograph. Hope you like my yummy strawberry ice cream card anyway???

Swing by the rest of the team to see what they have created - Cassie, Deb, Jeanette , Denise, Teresa, Wendy and Jami.

Hope you will have a wonderful weekend?!!? Thanks for stopping by!!!

~SUPPLY LIST ~
Stamps:
June Journaling (2RedBananas)
Cardstock: White
Design Paper:
Bitty Box Basics (PTI)
Ink: Memento Black, Copic Markers - R29, Prisma Marker - PM201
Accessories: Real Red Gingham Ribbon (SU), Silver Pearls (Michael's), Silver Mini Clip (SU) , Crystal Effect

Technique: Coloring with Copics

30 comments:

Elaine said...

Both cards are great!! I really like the dogwood design - it's elegant and very pretty! But my heart falls for ice cream every time...yummy!! Great challenge card - the colors are so fresh and patriotic!

Yvonne Hagane said...

The first one is such a beauty, and the second one so yummy and funny! Always a joy to visit your blog, Silke!!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Silke - both cards are great!! Love the first one, it is so elegant and a great case of the FS!! Your colours are always so soft and serene!! You have made this new set very desirable!!!

Your seconf card is nothing short of YUMBLY (my DH's word!!) Love that icecream - so summery and fun...makes me want to be at the beach!!! Thanks for sharing and inspiring!! God bless you my friend!

Deb said...

Fabulous Silke! I love the dogwood! So soft and elegant! And that icecream is definitely delicious! Bright and fun! I love all the scoring and dp lines.

Unknown said...

I'm just going to smile sweetly, 'coz you know I love everything you do!
Viv xx

Mary Fish said...

Sweet ice cream card--excellent take on the inspiration challenge. The floral card is gorgeous with the pretty silver brads and ribbon as accents. Hugs, Mary

Gabriela said...

These are sensational Silke! I adore the pink card witht he gentle embossing. It reminds me of a pink tuxedo - very feminine and oh so lovely. Just like you!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my Silke!

Your first card is beautiful with those pinks and greens....and I can't forget those silver pearls...need some of those now too...you are such an enabler ;)
Your second card is so yummy looking! Great colours too!

Connie M. said...

These are just so wonderful, Silke! Your first card is just soooo pretty! Love the embossed lines! Your second card is just so yummy!! Love the ribbon tabs!

Kathy Jones said...

Saw your gorgeous FS card on SCS --- just BEAUTIFUL!!!! Love that photo and what a fabulous card you've made using that as inspiration!!! Love the ribbon and paper clip!!! :)

Cindy Haffner said...

Beautiful and yummy I love them both!!!

Jeanette - said...

Both are great cards Silke - the first one is so elegant, the second, so much fun!! Have a great day!

Christi Flores said...

Gorgeous!!! They both are fantastic!

Deborah Saaranen said...

Fresh and fantastic! I {{{LOVE}}} your clean and fabulous designs Silke!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh I LOVE your floral card!!

Ann said...

Fabulous stuff, Silke! That ice cream card looks SO yummy!!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

The first one is GORGEOUS, and the second it TOTALLY CUTE!!

Amy Sheffer said...

Love these, Silke! Great job on both challenges!

Simone said...

Herrlich, deine Werke, Silke! Ich freue mich, hier wieder auf deinem Blog zu stöbern!
LG Simone

Lisa Kind said...

These are both so different, yet both so wonderful! Great job with the challenges!

Kathi said...

Love both of these! The first one is my fav of the two because I am such a floral person! It is absolutely gorgeous, such elegance! Love the scoring, it is so pretty! And the ice cream one is so cute, very yummy and makes me want an ice cream cone right now! I am so addicted to ice cream! TFS these great cards!

Denise said...

I love the colors in your 'Grace' card- beautiful job~ and that ice cream is making me hungry!

Jami said...

I just love what you've been doing lately with the scoring!! And such cute gingham ribbons with the hardware!!

Nancy Riley said...

Oh Silke! I'm lovin' that scoring on the first card and the gingham ribbon tied to the clip on the second card! GREAT details!

Carol L said...

both cards are so pretty! I love all the scoring on #1, and the summery feel of #2 is perfect! 2 fabulous cards Silke!

~Lori Roop said...

I just love the green and pink on the first one!! Lovely!

The second one is.....well, just sweet! :D

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Gorgeous cards Silke!! Love your layout and coloring on the Amazing Grace card!! You are amazing girl!

Jerri Kay said...

Both card are incredibly gorgeous Silke style! I can't choose a favorite their both fabulous!

Grace said...

Oh Silke... I do kwym about not feeling guilty about stampin all the time when dh is away!!! LOL! When my dh goes away I am up all hours of the night!!! Anyway... you sure did make a gorgeous card for the FS challenge!!! LOVE how you colored this fantastic set and love the scored panels! That ice cream looks like I need a little lick! Yummy!!! Great job at both!!! Hugs!

Kelley said...

Such great cards done Silke-style!! LOL! So beautiful!

TIC TAC TOE CHALLENGE - #TTTC245 JUST FOR YOU

Howdy again.  I'm back with a card for the new  Tic Tac Toe Challenge ... Karren is hosting this #TTTC245 board ... I chose the bottom ...