Tuesday, November 6, 2012

TMS171 and CQC162....check it out!!!

Happy Tuesday!

I have two cards to show you today!!! First I'm starting out with some fun news....

I'm exited to be the November Guest Designer over at the Tuesday Morning Sketch Blog! My sweet friend Theresa invited me and of course I couldn't resist to join these fabulous ladies this month! Thank you for having me!!!



Can you tell that we have a really fun Sketch ~ TMS171 for you?!?


I decided to use the super fun Flourishes April Showers Set. I don't think I ever inked this set up...I'm glad I was able to do so today!!! By card measures 6" x 3 1/4". I used the Flourishes Classic White CS for my card base and decided to add some scored lines on the second layer. The circles were punched out with the SU 1 3/8 Punch. The umbrellas were inked in Memento Tuxedo Black and randomly colored with these Copic Markers ~ B00, B02, R00, R23, R24, Y08, G94, YR01, YR04, E50. The sentiment is from  the Flourishes Sweet Violets Set. At last I added the Black Kaiser Rhinestones on the sides.

Please make sure to stop by the Tuesday Morning Sketch Blog for all the details, who the sponsor is this week and of course all the team cards. How about you give this Sketch a try?!?

*********************************************************************************

My second card is for this weeks Color Q ~ CQC162.....and for The Paper Players Challenge #120 ~ Give Thanks theme .



I chose another two beautiful Flourishes Set's called ~ Autumn Blossom for my sentiment and the main image is from Falling Leaves. The leaves were inked randomly with these Memento Ink PadsDandelion, Rhubarb Stalk, Desert Sand and Espresso Truffle. Next I stamped the sentiment from the same set on to the Tailor-Made Classic Keyhole Die. The rest of my card was embellished with some small Silver Pearls, a matching Elegant Wrinkled Ribbon, some Silver Metallic String and a Button.


As always please stop over at the CQC Blog for all the details and team cards!

Have a wonderful week....see you soon,

                                                                Hugs, ~Silke~

11 comments:

Marisa said...

Two fabulous card, Silke! Love th ose fun umbrellas - coloured just right and the second card has me swooning as I just love fall colours and leaves.

Rosmarie said...

Two great cards! Love the first, this fresh style and those little umbrellas, just gorgeous!
Beautiful background on the second card...

Darnell said...

Um, so, where have you been all 'My Life'?! I could have sworn I had followed. Oh well, I do want to thank you for have a pinboard. I'd sit here all night pinning each of your cards! Your take on the CQC is especially stunning!!

petra,s cards said...

love your cards, the first one is my favorite, this cute stamp is still on my wishlist!
xx petra

Karen McAlpine said...

Love your take on the sketch--the umbrella card is uber sweet!! Love it.

Pattie J. said...

Silke, both of your cards are fantastic in color and design, I love the elegance you put in these designs. ..thank you sooo much.

Dawn said...

So pretty Silke! Love the sweet umbrellas. Glad to have you joining us this month at TMS!

Debbie said...

Your cards are beautiful!! I'm looking forward to seeing all your creations this month at TMS!!

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful cards Silke, the umbrella's are adorable and your autumn card is stunning.

Cheryl said...

Wow, these cards are both so pretty! You can use white space like nobody else! Glad you'll be joining us this month at TMS. Your cards are always inspiring!

Melissa Craig said...

Both cards are absolutely beautiful Silke. I am so glad that you're joining us this month!

INSPIRED BY CHALLENGE - #IB285 RAINBOW POPS

Hello and happy Thursday! I'm stopping by with a new Inspired By card.... This weeks #IB285 inspiration photo and sketch are so fun......