Tuesday, March 11, 2008

CC #157 - Bloomin' Beautiful



This is my favorited Stamp Set out of the "Occasions Mini Brochure".

It' about time I was using it too....I had it almost for a month now!!!

So when I saw today Color Combo Challenge #157 I had to make a card with it.

The combo we have to use is - Basic Black, Purely Pomegranate and Basic Gray. I like it!!!

Since they are two dark colors in this trio I started with Whisper White as my base card. Then layered it with Basic Black and Purley Pomegranate.

The main image was stamped with Versamark and embossed with black EP. It really makes the flowers stand out more....I started using the Blender Pen and colored it with Purley Pomegranate. I had to sneak in a little Wild Wasabi for the leaves. The vase was colored with Basic Gray and I tried to make it not so dark. I also added some white spots in the center of the flowers with the Gel Pen.

After I was done with the coloring I layered the image onto Basic Black CS and raised it with you know what - he,he,he!!!

The card was finished off with the fabulous Basic Gray Taffeta Ribbon - I think this is a must have Ribbon too!!! The sentiment was stamped in Basic Black. ~TFL~

No comments:

INSPIRED BY CHALLENGE - #IB285 RAINBOW POPS

Hello and happy Thursday! I'm stopping by with a new Inspired By card.... This weeks #IB285 inspiration photo and sketch are so fun......