Saturday, October 5, 2013

FLOURISHES IS CELEBRATING WORLD CARD MAKING DAY!!!

Welcome to World Card Making Day at Flourishes 2013!




We thought it would be especially fun and fitting to extend a challenge that has to do with your corner of the Card Making World!

Image

So, here goes: Create something that represents or is inspired by your state or province. We're leaving the interpretation up to you but you could be inspired by your state or province flower, your slogan, the scenery you'll find there, colors, or your state or provincial flag. Then make sure you describe to us what the connection is! Fun right?
  • Your keyword for online galleries is WCMDFLLCCorner, but remember you must use our InLinkz button at the bottom of the post to be entered.
  • Entries using Flourishes stamps will be counted twice.
Playing along could win you a Flourishes stamp set of your choice!! Now that's always fun! Deadline for entries is Friday October 11 at 5:00 PM EST and we'll announce the winner in our Saturday Winner's Circle on the Flourishes Blog. 

Can you tell where I live??? Yes, I live in the beautiful Peach State *Georgia*. Of course I couldn't resist inking up the awesome Peaches & Cheeries Set. My card also features a technique called Pointillism that Christine has shown not too long ago over at the Flourishes Blog. I love it...I must admit I think I got a little carried away...wink!

Anyway, here is some more inspiration from our Design Teams' Corner of the World...
Thank you so much for stopping by today! Enjoy your weekend and we hope you'll get to play too :) !!!
                                                          Hugs, ~Silke~

FLOURISHES SUPPLIES:     

8 comments:

Rosy Newlun said...

Super job using pointillism on your peaches, you Georgia peach (couldn't pass that up). Love the colors you've used!!! Nice one Silke!

Lisa Elton said...

Beautiful card Silke, love the soft peachy tones!! Makes me miss those yummy fresh summer fruits already ;)

Allison Cope said...

Stunning Silke! I can only imagine the smell of the air in the spring with all those peach tree blossoms! Your colouring is fabulous!

Antonella said...

Love your beautiful card!
Hugs, antonella :-)

Stacy Morgan said...

Yummy! I wondered if you were going to do peaches. hee hee Fabulous coloring.

Mona Pendleton said...

So very pretty Silke! PERFECT image for a Georgia girl!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Your peaches are gorgeous Silke!! Love the ribbon trio too. I tried that technique a couple of days ago and failed miserably!! Kudos to you. You nailed it!!

Unknown said...

There was NO doubt about where you lived when I saw your project! lol Beautiful! I have been lucky enough to visit your state once....Marietta to be exact. I'd go back in a heartbeat if given the chance! I tried that Technique for one of your challenges recently, quite fun and it does make for an interesting look! Love your project!

TIC TAC TOE CHALLENGE - #TTTC245 JUST FOR YOU

Howdy again.  I'm back with a card for the new  Tic Tac Toe Challenge ... Karren is hosting this #TTTC245 board ... I chose the bottom ...