Saturday, November 8, 2008

VSHR4 Frosty and VSHR5, IC153 Simply Delights

Happy Saturday you all!!!

Tomorrow is the *Release Party* from *Verve Visual* and I'm thrilled to say that I have completed all 5 Release Sketches to qualify for some awesome prizes - wahhhooo!!!

This card is actually a combo - the Sketch is the
Verve Holiday Release Sketch #4 and the inspiration came from the OCC ladies.

I know you probably think how did I end up with a snowman when the inspiration piece is a cupcake...LOL?!? Well let me tell ya - I wanted to make a cupcake card very badly, but unfortunately I'd be craving those all day long...and since I'm not very mobile with my sprained foot right now....I figured I'm better off making a *Holiday* card. Well, holidays and cupcakes go together - right???

I used good old *Frosty* - love that snoman!!!
The colors I used are - Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze and Whisper White.
I used a Blender Pen to color it and added some Dazzling Diamonds at the end. To finish it off I added the Taffeta Ribbon.

I made this card for today's IC153. My inspiration came from the colors. I chose these two colors - the Scoop Neck and the Cashmere Jumper. Most of the ladies cloth is very elegant and sophisticated so I thought I'll head that direction...

The card measures 5 1/2" x 5 1/2". The Sketch is from the Verve Holiday Release #5.

I used is the retired *Simply Delights* Simple Sent Kit. The image was inked in Versamark and then embossed with the retired Brown EP. I added some Halfback Pearl from the *Prettiest Kit* in the center.

The DP is the new *Haiku* - I love the colors together!!! The sentiment was placed into a Copper Label Holder and adjusted with a Brown Satin Ribbon.

Hope you will find something fun in the Inspiration Challenge and play along??? ~TFL~

18 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Oh how LOVE Frosty! It's a set I'll never part with! Adorable Silke!!!
Your second card is gorgeous! Wow!

Cindy Haffner said...

Love both your cards Silke, the snowman is so sweet, Thanks for playing.

Denise Marzec said...

Gorgeous cards! I love Frosty, he's one of my fav snowmen. I don't think I'll ever part with that set.

Take it easy on that foot, girlie. {hugs}

Anonymous said...

Both of the cards are gorgeous and I especially like the 2nd one. Love the layout - great take on the challenge!!

Marisa said...

Love all the cards you made for the Verve sketches!! The Frosty card is fabulous (I should have gotten that set when I could have!). Love the two you did yesterday as well. Just love the baja and red together and all that wonderful white space I so enjoy using too :) Hope the ankle gets better sooner than later!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so super cute Silke...I hope your foot is feeling better!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Awww, frosty never looked so good!! Darling!! And your IC card is STUNNING!! Love the colors, the squares and those pearls!! WOW!!

Amy Sheffer said...

Wowzers, girl!! These are incredible! Love the warm colors and the pearls on the second one especially!

Jami said...

Silke - what a fun sparkly snowman - I totally see the inspiration!! And love those square medallions with the pearls!!
hugs, Jami

Anonymous said...

Frosty is lovely. The ribbon and split colors in the background are stunning.

The second card is first rate. Love the subtle mix of patterns and the big pearls are the perfect touch. Hugs, Mary

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Silke these are both just beautiful! Love your colours on the snowman card it's so fun...and the fabulous patterns and colours on the 2nd are so elegant! Awesome job on the sketch!

Bev said...

Hey cute lady! :)
Is that Frosty ever sweet!
Love the colors you chose and the dove-tailed ribbon treatment.
Big hugs!
-Bev

Anonymous said...

I have been going through your blog and just love the way you tie your bows. Great job, TFS Hugs n'Stuff, Lynne

Angela said...

I hope your foot is feeling better!

Gorgeous cards-I especially love the IC135 one. Very classy!

Antje said...

I haven't been to your blog for some days and I am stunned from the amount of beautiful cards... one better than the other.... great work, love your style!

Stamp and Smile said...

Beautiful cards! LOVE the DP and pearls... so elegant! Plus your snowman is sooooo cute. (I'm a sucker for them.) Thanks for sharing... Smiles! :)

Anonymous said...

I thought the snowman card was my favorite but then I saw the second one...now I can't decide, they are both so great!!!

Glenda J said...

Loving all of your beautiful cards over the last little while. I've been busy and haven't had a chance to check it. Great job! Wishing you a speedy recovery.

TIC TAC TOE CHALLENGE - #TTTC245 JUST FOR YOU

Howdy again.  I'm back with a card for the new  Tic Tac Toe Challenge ... Karren is hosting this #TTTC245 board ... I chose the bottom ...