Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Flourishes Timeless Tuesday casing Beate

Happy Tuesday everyone!!! Hope you all had a great weekend???

As usual ours went by way tooooo fast!!! My hubby left for a business trip Sunday and I'm home with the girls....so you know I'll be doing some serious stampin' - LOL!!!

Anyway - it's another round of the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday - this week brought to you by the fabulous Betty Wright!!!

For detailed information on this Challenge plus all the Samples please visit the Flourishes Blog!!! Don't forget to check out the SPECIAL OFFER ON SPELLBINDER DIES as well!!!!

Betty is challenging us to *EMBOSS IT* our cards/projects. There are a lot of different types of embossing options to choose from. In addition, there are many different techniques to combined with embossing. We would love to see what you all create!!!

My choice of embossing was - dry embossing - using the Cuttlebug Folder *Leafy Branch*. I think it's one of my fav folders!!!

Now to my card - I just had to combined today's *FTTC8* with the *FS111 - featuring Beate*. If I haven't mentioned it before, I adore Beate and love her creations!!!

I have to tell you really quick how much I have grown as a Stamper because of Beate - she was so sweet and allowed me to be part of her past *Be Inspired* Design Team!!! She is and will always be an inspiration to me!!! Beate you will always have a special place in my heart - thank you!!! I decided to case this fabulous *Flourishes Fold Card* from her. I also love how Beate did the inside of her card - click here to see it.

I kept the same layout and changed the following :
- Used different colors - Tangerine Tango, Baja Breeze DP.
- Popped my chicks up with Stampin Dimensionals.
- Added a flower (Making Memories - Chloe's Closet Collection)with the button (SU Latte Designer Button).
- Used a different sentiment from the same Set inside the card.
- Plus I added the embossing with the CB *Leafy Branch* folder.

Since I was in a mood to create a little something extra....(actually I was playing with my new Big Shot machine - love that thingy!!!!)..... I decided to make a little matching pillow box and as you can tell I also embossed it with the same CB folder and added the same flower with the SU Latte Designer Button.

Well I hope you like my take on Beate's card??? Now I can't wait to see what kind of embossing you will choose!!! If you want to play along please use the keyword *FTTC8* when you download your card into the gallery!!!

Don't forget to check my friends on their take of the Challenge - Becca, Betty, Cindy, Dee and Kimberly.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!!!

24 comments:

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful card Silke!! LOVE the embossed background and beauitful layout.

Hugs, Jennifer :)

Cindy Haffner said...

Beautiful Silke, i love your colors they look so pretty.

Anonymous said...

Silke, As usual, your color combinations are just beautiful. Love that embossing folder - I use it a lot! Beautiful card - have fun while hubby's away!

~Lori Roop said...

Great case Silke! Love the prima and CB folder!! I used that folder this week too! :D I need to use it more often though! I tend to use Swiss Dots the most. BBS!! ~Lori R

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty!! I really like the flowers without the basket and the little chicks are too cute!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

lovely, can't wait to play. Thanks for the inspiration!

Beate said...

Silke you are so sweet! You are making me all verklempt! I miss our Be inspired challenge. I hope to revive it once my move is done and over with!!!
Your card looks fantastic. I love the paper you chose and the dry embossing you added. I LOVE the matching dry embossed pillow box.

Did I tell you that I love everything YOU create! Big cyber hugs

Renée said...

ahhhh, this is gorgeous, Silke! I love the colours, the flower, the embossing ... everything!

Have a great day!

Betty Wright said...

Beautiful, Silke!!! Love the colors, patterns, and the embossed images. Really love how you altered the stamp image and masked out the basket. Great look inside and out!!! Love the pillow box, too!!!! Great work!!!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Stunningly beautiful, I don't think I've used this expression before for your creations, even though they all are :D:D:D:D
Love the card and pillow box, super cool with the embossed BG. Big hugs, Sabrina

Jackie Pedro said...

Silke, this card and pillow box are BEAUTIFUL! Love the embossed DP!!!

Yvonne Hagane said...

Silke, your cards are just gorgeous all the way. It takes a lot of talent to create cards like you do, and you sure have a lot of it!!! You have such an eye for design. Its a pleasure to visit your blog!
Have a wonderful evening (day? he he)
Hugs, Yvonne.

Carolyn King said...

gorgeous card and i love that beautiful embossed pillow box too!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Oh, WOW! That is SO gorgeous! What a stunning color combination!!!!

Alex said...

WOW!!! Silke, this is just gorgeous - I love Beate, she is super talented, and you really did her justice!! This is AMAZING!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Beautiful card Silke and great colors!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Silke!! Love your colors and the dry embossing. The leaf folder is the perfect touch to your cheery card. Great job casing Beate and all the challenges as well!!!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh...my...word....the colors on these are FANTASTIC! You rock...totally ROCK!

Stamp and Smile said...

Super cute! Love the blue and orange combo... The dry embossing is so elegant!!!

I like the mini candies... I'm a sucker for a sweet treat! He! :)

Nancy said...

Your card is gorgeous! I like the colors, and that embossed background.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you girl, I love casing cards, especially when it's legit . . . LOL! Your cards are gorgeous! I love your pillow box, I got that die from SU and haven't used it yet, it's so adorable!

Mary Fish said...

Love the color combo. The "staging" of the candy is a delicious accent! Hugs, Mary

Anonymous said...

Silke this is amazing!!
--Becca

Lisa Kind said...

So lovely, Silke! I love the embossed dp and how you cut it in half! Very pretty!

Lisa

TIC TAC TOE CHALLENGE - #TTTC245 JUST FOR YOU

Howdy again.  I'm back with a card for the new  Tic Tac Toe Challenge ... Karren is hosting this #TTTC245 board ... I chose the bottom ...