Friday, February 1, 2008

Sweet 16



As you already know I like to work with "Chipboards".....this card was created for a very sweet young lady that turned sweet 16 - our babysitter Hannah!!!

My girls just adore her....and I wanted to make something special for her. She celebrated her birthday the other day so she saw the card already and I asked her if I could reveal it on my blog.....

The base of the card is So Saffron, I also used the Prints Pack DSP Preetty in Pink and some Purley Pomegrante for the punched out flower.

The chipboard numbers are from Basic Grey and I glittered them with Martha Stewards Glitter which matches the Purley Pomegranate colors....I added some DS PP Ribbon and some pretty turquoise Rhinestone Brads. I finished the card off by distressing the edges of the DSP , then I did some piercing around the punched out circle and in the corners of the card.......TFL!!!

I just saw Sharon's challenge # 20 "To make your card look pretty" so I filed it under her challenge.....because - glittered chipboard really make a card look pretty - LOL!!!

2 comments:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

This is just so pretty and, yes, the sparklies do it, every time!!! Love your simple layout and fun use of chipboard!!! What a perfect card for a 16 year old girl!!! So glad you linked -- thanks!!!

Julie_3 said...

Oh I bet Hannah loved it! This is really pretty.. love the chipboard and the piercing. What sweet colors for a girls 16th. TFS

INSPIRED BY CHALLENGE - #IB285 RAINBOW POPS

Hello and happy Thursday! I'm stopping by with a new Inspired By card.... This weeks #IB285 inspiration photo and sketch are so fun......