Sunday, March 9, 2008

FS57 - Merci









Hope you all had a great weekend???

Mine was pretty good...my DH is gone for about 12 days and I'm by myself with the girls!!!

Didn't get much stamping done...but guess what..they are going back to school tomorrow - YEAHHH!!!

Later in the evening I did have a chance and participated in my first "Featured Stampers" challenge #57.

It took me for ever to pick a card...and by the time I did make it I didn't have enough day light to take a picture. So I ended up in my Master Bathroom (best lighting) and took pictures of the card - but it didn't capture the "Purely Pomegranate" at all!!! It looks more like a redish Cardstock...

Anyhow - here is the card I got inspired by:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/639722?cat=500&ppuser=4197

and this is what I changed:

New Colors - Purely Pomegranate, Whisper White and Basic Gray as my colors. New Ribbon - Basic Gray Taffeta. I added Dazzling Diamond Glitter and the main image was embossed with black EB. The butterflies were colored in with a Blender Pen and I used PP & BG Ink. I also found my lost Color Spritzer Tool and "spritzed" some Purely Pomegranate all over.

I tried very hard not to use Stampin Dimensionals, but my addiction won....so I had to raise the image!!!

By the time I made pictures and downloaded everything on SCS I realized I made a "Typo" on the link to the card I cased and of course nobody has an idea what I've cased - LOL!!! Kiddos started to get hungry....didn't load it on my blog yet...so now at 9:46 pm - I'm about done!!!

The end of the story - I shouldn't have made a card today - LOL!!!

Thanks for looking anyway and don't forget to sign up for my BLOG CANDY GIVEAWAY!!!

Have a good night!

6 comments:

Marja Sch said...

What a very lovely card. Just beautiful. Hugs Marja

Anonymous said...

Silke, you are incredible. You can even make this set look good.
Hugs and smiles

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Love those butterflies! The colours are wonderful, and the simple splash of ribbon is the perfect finish!

And between you and I, I find Rose Red and Purely Pomegranate the worst colours to photograph! Mine are usually reddish too, and I have to edit them in PSE if I really want the colours to be true.

Catherine said...

What an adorable card, i never like this set .... until now =)

Jessie/knightrone said...

Your card is beautiful!! Love it!!

Anonymous said...

I like your card much better than the card that "inspired you". The butterflies are a much cuter style.

It's very whimsical and 'happy'.
You did a great job.

INSPIRED BY CHALLENGE - #IB285 RAINBOW POPS

Hello and happy Thursday! I'm stopping by with a new Inspired By card.... This weeks #IB285 inspiration photo and sketch are so fun......